POS (point of sale) is no rocket science, it’s just the place and time where a retail transaction takes place. Whether you are in an ecommerce or any retail business, you’ll have inventory and to streamline the inventory tracking you’ll need to choose a POS that includes inventory management component. If you have a small business, then a better POS system can be a great catch for you. Here are the reasons that how can it save money for your business.
- Low cost maintenance: If you are working with a different vendor then it may be costly for you especially when your system needs maintenance. So, a small business can lose a lot of money and time. But an all-in-one POS is easy and the technical issues are addressed easily because everything is integrated.
- Durability: Though all-in-one POS systems have high upfront cost but they are best for a long duration. Every component of POS is equally durable. Nowadays most of the businesses prefer rugged technology in the POS system.
- Ease of use: All-in-One POS system offers better operation and anyone can easily understand it functioning because the software is integrated perfectly. Employees can quickly make understand the machine which means efficient business hours. The easy operation also offers shorter wait time for customers which can help to increase sale.
But choosing a POS system is not easy and you need to keep in mind many factor that affect your business. Here are some tips that you must consider while investing in a point of sale.
- How easy is the installation?
- Always keep in mind to ask whether the system comes preinstalled or is easy to install. Sometimes a specialized software may sound like they will benefit your organization but a specialized or customized system restricts automatic update that can cause more problems than solutions.
- Is the system easy to use?
- Don’t hesitate to ask about the system’s simplicity because an easy system can be operated without difficulty. The main reason why you need to know it is that if the system is difficult then you will need to train a person for that which will incur more cost.
- Does the vendor provide support?
- You should always ask your vendor about the support it will provide and to what extent. Calling during the business hours or 24/7 repair service you must take it into consideration. And ask for any added services provided alongside the system. Also ask for any extended warranties and security options.
- How much?
- Your budgetary needs must align with your POS system. You should understand the requirement of your business and accordingly plan for a POS system. but, keeping eyes only on the price is not good too, you should check for any good deals.
Though POS is one of the most preferred but at the same time it has some complications too. When you are using a credit card then you must be a little cautious. One incident happened in a store where a client was doing a credit transaction. But, after some time the shopping assistant noticed something suspicious and even the amount was high too. The person just grabbed some items in a rush and came to the counter. The assistant told him to wait while he confirms the payment through the bank which wan not required but he did it anyways and in no time the person ran out of the store. After a little investigation they came to know that the card was stole.
So that is one issue with the POS, but a little alertness and intelligence can make these things to go away. Technology is fabulous but a little cleverness can make it marvelous.