High performance, scalable solution, powerful functionality and a set of features that are added via a large community are the characteristics that make Magento a leading e-commerce platform used for online stores. Magento is built on open source technology that offers control over the look, content, functionality and a flexible shopping cart system to the online merchants. The most significant parts of Magento are potent marketing, catalog management tools, and search engine optimization. But now, time is here for Magento 2 migration.
According to Datanyze, Magento currently holds 5.43% market share. E-commerce clients are most inclined towards Magento as it offers a great variety of themes and plug-ins. With a huge community, Magento is designed in a way that it can be operated as an application by a non-developer. One of the main reason why Magento attracts e-commerce clients is that it is a very robust system at the base.
Let’s summarize the benefits of Magento.
- An easy to install platform.
- Adding plug-ins and layouts is easy.
- Offers flexible and scalable solutions.
- Cost effective program.
- Offers more than 50 payment gateways.
- Adding discounts and promotions while checking out is easy.
Magento assures that a business doesn’t suffer due to compatibility issues by optimizing Magento stores for all devices and platforms. It can be integrated with the third-party applications to allow users utilize all the options possible. The best part about Magento is that the clients can have a peace of mind as any problematic situation can be tackled easily and in no time.
Magento 2 is the upgraded version of the Magento. It offers a lot of more features than the previous one. The most important thing about this version is that it provides a platform for growth through attaining e-commerce functionality by adding new features to your store. Magento can be extended with the new features and you can tailor this platform so as to integrate your back office processes to add new abilities to the platform.
Let’s have a look at some of the features of Magento 2 because of which it is preferred by such large businesses and the reason why you should move to Magento 2.
- Store management
- The flexible product management in Magento 2 allows all the catalogs to be configured separately.
- It allows the ease of giving promotions and discounts at the cart or around the site.
- Easy addition of websites using a subdivision of the catalog.
- The drag and drop interface helps to ensure that the right products are visible.
- Updates can be scheduled and previewed.
- Varnish powers the built-in full page cache to improve the site performance.
- It is compatible with most of the latest technologies which help it to load faster with lesser server resources which in turn lessens hosting cost.
- Customer Experience
- With a sleek checkout experience, people can easily operate this platform.
- It offers a number of ways to reward the customers and engage with them.
- This version provides an improved search technology named as Elasticsearch which helps the customers to find the right product quickly.
Magento was built as a flexible platform and this is the reason why this platform is so popular. Though Magento had some things missing like performance optimization, mobile-responsiveness and admin capabilities and even slow running. So, to address these issues the Magento team upgraded this platform and introduced Magento 2.
Magento 1 vs Magento 2
- Magento 2 delivers 50% faster page loading.
- Checkout in Magento 2 is 38% faster than Magento 1
- Magento 2 is capable of taking 117% more orders per hour than Magento 1
- Magento 2 can handle 2.1 million more page views per hour than Magento 1.
- Magento 2 has developed security features than Magento 1.
Magento 2 is the new platform in which you can invest your company’s future and it can help you out from all those complications you face in the other platforms.